Industrial-Grade Acetone Replacements
Acetone is an industrial-grade solvent used for cleaning and stripping applications across markets. It is included in manufacturing processes and used to clean equipment, remove stains or marks, degrease, prep surfaces, wipe overspray. While acetone comprehensively completes these tasks, it also introduces many hazards to industrial facilities.
What is Acetone?
Also called propanone or dimethyl ketone (DMK), acetone is a clear and highly volatile substance formed by benzene and propylene. It is a simple ketone that can dissolve or remove most oils, fats, resins, waxes, lacquers, varnishes, and other substances. Leftover acetone evaporates quickly, leaving behind clean and ready-to-use surfaces.
Acetone Creates Hazards in Industrial Facilities
Despite its high-performance capabilities, acetone creates several safety risks in industrial facilities. Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn and safety protocols always followed. Failure to do so can have dire consequences for employees, equipment, and the environment as acetone is:
- Highly flammable
- Irritable to skin, with prolonged exposure leading to redness, drying, and cracking
- Irritable to the eyes, nose, and throat
- A severe health risk, with extended exposure leading to headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and unconsciousness
Additionally, acetone includes established reporting requirements, including guidelines set by OSHA and the NFPA as a hazardous adding labor hours and fine print for use.
How Environmentally Friendly Acetone Substitutes Improve Your Facility
Despite its ubiquitous usage, acetone and other hazardous industrial solvents—including MEK, methylene chloride, xylene, toluene, NMP, and others—are not your only options. Environmentally friendly acetone replacement solvents are available to lower the overall risk present in your facility and provide excellent results. The benefits of choosing a technical-grade acetone substitute, such as AcraStrip or Polychem products, are many, but a few key advantages include:
- Non-flammable, biodegradable, and eco-friendly
- Eliminates dangerous solvents to create a safer work environment
- Lowers risks in facilities to reduce insurance costs
- Flexible uses allow for many applications, including factory maintenance and more
- Typically non-hazardous waste
Choosing a Technical-Grade Acetone Replacement Solvent
Many environmentally friendly acetone substitutes are available, but not all are created equal. When you choose to replace acetone with high-performance AcraStrip or Polychem products, you can rest assured that you’ve chosen the best non-hazardous acetone replacement cleaners currently on the market:
- Choose AcraStrip 600 Series acetone replacements when you require a high-performing aqueous acetone substitute for cleaning or preparing surfaces for other treatments.
- Choose Polychem 36 to remove uncured paints, resins, oils and inks without attacking metals, plastic or glass substrates. This low VOC bio-degradable cleaner provides a combination of surfactants and builders.
- Choose AcraStrip 800industrial-grade acetone substitutes when you need to clean or strip paints, resins, urethanes, epoxies, and adhesives.
- Choose AcraStrip 950 technical-grade acetone replacement solvent for cleaning, flushing, and stripping a variety of resins and other materials.
No two industries or cleaning jobs have the same needs, and it is critical to evaluate your business’s requirements before purchasing to ensure you’ve selected the best acetone replacement. Not sure which AcraStrip or Polychem cleaner is right for your goals? Call 800-431-2072, ext. 360, to speak with an expert representative.
Requirements of Your Industry
We carry environmentally friendly acetone replacements for cleaning facilities across markets:
AcraStrip and Polychem technical-grade acetone replacements are environmentally friendly alternatives to acetone. They work for many jobs and applications:
- Remove paint
- Remove graffiti
- Remove woodworking varnish
- Clean paint gun lines and paint spray guns
- Remove adhesives
- And much more!