Cleaning Your Paint Spray Gun
Acetone is commonly used as a paint sprayer cleaning agent. As a paint gun cleaner acetone can unclog built-up lacquer and paint residues so the sprayer or gun can function to their fullest capabilities. However, using acetone as a paint gun cleaner can have specific side effects, which can make it not as useful as other acetone replacement products such as AcraStrip 600.
Paint Sprayer Cleaning Methods
Spray guns should also be cleaned and inspected at least once a week to ensure proper spray performance. If you have ever been curious as to how to properly clean a paint gun, or how to clean paint lines, AcraStrip 600 provides an easy and effective cleaning method. The following techniques have been proven successful using replacement acetone paint cleaners.
- Spray-Out – The best way to clean the inner working of a paint gun or sprayer is by adding a small amount of AcraStrip 600 into the empty top container of a paint gun. The AcraStrip acts as a replacement acetone paint cleaner. The gun can be cleaned by working the AcraStrip through the gun by spraying it towards a piece of paper until the top container is empty. If you then adjust the fluid and air flow it will allow the AcraStrip to successfully clean out the inner working of the gun, removing the majority of hard to access paint particles.
- Brush & Wire Method - The quickest way to clean the nooks and crannies of the outer portion of a paint sprayer or gun is by dipping a wire or brush into AcraStrip 600 and using it as a replacement acetone paint cleaner.
- Gun Washers - Gun washers are the safest and most effective way to clean a paint gun or sprayer. Gun washers reduce the amount of time spent cleaning guns and allow the painter to do other tasks while the gun is being cleaned. Gun washers typically are dedicated to the type of paint sprayed, solvent or waterborne, based on the chemical cleaners used in them. However, gun washers are expensive and may not be ideal for smaller outfits.
Replacement Acetone Paint Cleaner Benefits
AcraStrip 600 acetone paint cleaner replacement is a powerful bio-friendly cleaning compound that replaces MEK, toluene blends, acetone, xylene and other hazardous solvents for resin and paint equipment clean-up. The benefits of this earth-friendly paint sprayer cleaning solution, include:
- Replacement acetone paint cleaner
- Fully recyclable
- Slow evaporating
- Safe to use, store & dispose
- Does not dry out seals & hoses
- Low odor
AcraStrip Acetone Replacements
|Product Name||AcraStrip 600 CRR||AcraStrip 600 Auto||AcraStrip 600 MIL||AcraStrip 800||AcraStrip 950||AcraStrip 700|
|Appearance||Clear liquid||Clear liquid||Clear liquid||Clear liquid||Clear liquid||Clear liquid|
Eco-Friendly Acetone Replacement Paint Gun Cleaner
A green paint removal product for paint sprayers and guns is one that conserves natural resources, avoids toxic emissions, saves energy, and contributes to a safe and healthy environment. Green products such as AcraStrip 600 provide proper sustainability, composition, function, disposal, and cost-effectiveness. AcraStrip products are easily recycled through simple settling. This green paint removal alternative solvent can also be collected in drums or totes and allowed to settle for 24-48 hours.
Cost Savings of Replacement Acetone Paint Cleaners
Eco-friendly paint gun cleaners usually last 7-10 times longer than most solvents due to their slow evaporation rate and reusability. Solvent users lose 30-35% of their solvents in the workplace due to evaporative losses from closed and open tanks. Alternative acetone products such as AcraStrip have slower evaporation rates, which provides for only negligible losses. In addition, many solvents lose their ability to clean for an extended period due to their load capacity. Since AcraStrip 600 can separate waste from reusable cleaner, this acetone alternative has a longer half-life compared to traditional solvents, allowing for an overall increase in cost savings.
Contact Us for Paint Sprayer Cleaning AcraStrip Today
To order AcraStrip, an acetone replacement paint cleaner, call us at 800-431-2072 ext. 360 or email Mark Paul today.